The European Alliance for Responsible Research & Development and Affordable Medicines (of which SOMO is a member) wrote a letter to the European Commission to express our concern about the next EU Health Private-Public Partnership. Billions of euro’s will be spend and will go mainly to the industry.
We urge the European Commission to safeguard that the public interest is at the core of the future ‘European Partnership on Innovative Health’ by ensuring:
- Priority setting driven by public health needs;
- Transparent, balanced and inclusive governance structures;
- Public return on public investment and safeguard equitable access to publicly funded research and innovation projects;
- Full transparency on research and innovation investments;
- Open science;
- Sensitive health policy issues to be discussed in inclusive multi-stakeholders platforms with strong stewardship from public authorities.