Are you an idealistic communication expert and do you know how you can achieve impact with research? Then we are looking for you.
SOMO investigates how multinational companies operate and analyzes their actual impact. Independent, factual, critical and with a clear goal: an honest and sustainable world. We work with hundreds of organizations and ensure that the information ends up where it can make a difference. In factories or boardrooms, in slums or courtrooms, with social organizations, media or with politicians.
About the function
You are part of the SOMO communication team, consisting of a coordinator, two communication experts and a web coordinator. In addition, you collaborate intensively with various SOMO program teams.
The main focus of your job is to increase the impact of the work of the program teams by developing and deploying communication strategies and resources.
- You are responsible for the publication process of SOMO’s investigations in various forms (from reports to longreads and animations) in the media and other (online) channels.
- You manage and develop the social media channels of SOMO. Through your knowledge of the Dutch and international media landscape and the development and use of social media, you contribute to the audience building of SOMO.
- By means of storytelling and publishing the results achieved, you contribute to a clear profile of SOMO.
Who are we looking for?
- You are an all-round communication professional at college or university level, preferably with a journalistic background and with a minimum of three years of relevant work experience;
- You are able to develop communication strategies for research programs;
- You have a smooth and sharp way of writing, both in Dutch and in English;
- You know how you can support both public campaigns and lobbying processes with communication tools;
- You are a news junkie with knowledge of the Dutch and international media landscape and you are able to quickly establish the relationship between current events and the work of SOMO;
- You have demonstrable experience in maintaining and developing social media channels;
- You are proactive, flexible and result-oriented.
What we offer
You get an annual contract for 0.8 FTE (4 days a week) with the possibility of contract extension. Your salary is between € 3,194 and € 4,553 gross per month on a full-time basis (40 hours), depending on your relevant work experience. You get a challenging job in an extensive (inter) national network and you work together with involved, critical and driven colleagues in an informal working atmosphere with plenty of room for your own initiative.
You can send your applications by e-mail to Meike Skolnik, Communication Coordinator via email@example.com. In addition to your English letter and CV, we would like to see a link to an English and / or Dutch text written by you. Comments before Monday November 18, 2019.
The first round of conversations is on 26 and 28 November.
SOMO believes in the power and necessity of a diverse and inclusive organization. We therefore strive for more diversity and better representation of people with different backgrounds. So please tell us who you are and how you can contribute to this diversity.